Thursday, December 27, 2007

So Many Changes

There have been so many changes lately that sometimes I just don't know what to do with myself, and Mommy gets frustrated with me when I tear stuff up and pester her. To start with we moved. I really like the new house, it has lots of room to run and lots of stairs. My Daddy built this funny thing called a gate at the top of the stairs. I don't know what it is for but it sure does make a fun toy. It didn't take me long to figure out how to open it, and it makes this loud noise when it closes that makes everyone in the family jump! Hahaha! It works to get attention! But Mommy put up a fence at the new house and I don't like that. The old house just had miles and miles of fields where I could run. I could go visit my big furry friends (my Mommy calls them ponies) any time I wanted. Now at the new house that fence is always in the way and I can't see my big furry friends. But I can see fields just accross the gravel and I want to go out there and run, but everytime I try Mommy yells at me to come back.

Then the most terrible thing happened, my Uncle Bubba (my bestest boxer friend ever who played with me and even let me boss him around) had to go accross the Rainbow Bridge. Momma said he was ready to go and he missed his momma dog, but I know he was sick too. When I first came to live with my family Uncle Bubba was real sick, but he got better when I came and he played with me all the time and loved to cuddle with me. I knew I couldn't play too rough with him because he had a bad knee and some other stuff that would hurt if he ran or jumped too much. But then he hurt his other leg and wouldn't run around with me at all, Mommy got him this funny looking thing she called a 'knee brace' to put on him, then he started to play again.

Well just before we moved to the new house I saved Uncle Bubba from a nasty rattle snake! But he started to get sick that night. Mommy was really worried and my notso furry sisters were sad. Then he suddenly got all better and he was happy again and played with me lots and lots. Then we moved to the new house and Uncle Bubba was acting like nothing was hurting him anymore.

That is when he bit me. I was scared and angry so I bit him back. Daddy and Mommy were yelling and then it was all over. I didn't stay mad at Uncle Bubba cause I knew he did it because he was still sick. That night he got started getting these shakes really bad and when I gave him kisses it didn't help. That is when Mommy said he was ready to go and see his momma dog again.

Mommy took us to the nice doggy doctor lady, I like her cause she lets me give her lots of kisses and sit in her lap! And she gives yummy treats! But this was different, Mommy left me in the car and took Uncle Bubba in. When Mommy came back to the car she was crying and holding Uncle Bubba's colar. She took me in, I was scared cause I knew something was wrong. Then I saw Uncle Bubba, he smelled different and somehow the same. I gave him a kiss, but I knew he wasn't really there anymore. I didn't want to stay, so Mommy took me home. I was sad, I wanted Uncle Bubba to come home too.

Then on the night that the notso furry sisters dressed in funny clothes and get treats from all sorts of peoples and I got to where my wings and sparklies, Mommy brought Uncle Bubba home. Well just part of him it seemed. Daddy let me sniff him, he no longer smelled the same but I knew it was him. Mommy and the notso furry sisters wrapped him in his blanky and gave him all sorts of things and then they put him in a great big hole and covered him up. I wanted to dig and get him out but Daddy said "leave it". Sometimes I walk over there still and sniff around to see if I can still smell him. But I can't. I miss him very much and even though the family is always with me I am still kind of lonely.

No comments: